Sign up Log in
rjees logo



Probabilistic Long-Term Energy Consumption Forecast in Nigeria: Ado-Ekiti as a Case Study

Authors: Ade-Ikuesan OO, Omotoso OO, Osifeko MO, Okakwu IK, Alao PO

ABSTRACT

Load forecast is very important in the energy industry. Deterministic energy consumption forecast has a lot of limitations since it does not take care of randomness and uncertainties. This study employs probabilistic energy consumption forecast in Ekiti State using standard normal distribution as a tool. It focuses on the energy consumption in Ekiti State using the available data from Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC), Ado-Ekiti office. The study shows energy consumption in the state has a tendency of rising above 8601.5MWh (the maximum for year 2017) by 4.65% in 2018. It was established that the probability of the energy consumption falling below 4970MWh is 8.38%. The consumption of energy in year 2018 in the state may fall between 4970MWh and 8601.5MWh monthly at a probability of 86.97%. Energy consumption in year 2018 will mostly fall between 5500MWh and 8000MWh particularly. It is unlikely it falls between 3500MWh and 4000MWh (0.98%) and 9000MWh and 9500MWh. The result of this work can be used by stakeholders in the power industry for planning activities.


Affiliations: Department of Computer Engineering, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Nigeria.
Keywords: Energy Consumption Forecast, Probabilistic Forecast, Deterministic Forecast, Energy Planning, BEDC
Published date: 2018/12/30

Download Full Text

SUBMIT A MANUSCRIPT

ISSN: 2635-3342 (Print)

ISSN: 2635-3350 (Online)

DOI: In progress

ISI Impact Factor: In progress

Indexing & Abstracting
google scholar Directory of research journal indexing JIFactor Info base index scientific journal impact factor

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License



(+234) 806 927 5563

Chemical Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering, University of Benin, PMB 1154, Ugbowo, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.